The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order (RRO) became law on 1 October 2006.
Legally, you must comply.
What is the RRO?
Fire authorities no longer issue fire certificates and those previously in force will have no legal status. The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order (RRO) replaces most fire safety legislation with one new order. It means that any person who has some level of control in premises must take steps to reduce the risk from fire, consider how to contain a fire should one break out and then also make sure people can safely escape if there is a fire.
- All fire alarm designs should be based on a Fire Risk Assessment
- All Fire Risk Assessments should be carried out by a competent person
- Fire Risk Assessments must be reviewed annually
What constitutes a Fire Risk Assessment?
- Identifying fire hazards such as sources of ignition, fuel or oxygen
- Identifying all people at risk in and around the premises
- Evaluating the risk of a fire starting or the risk to
- people from a fire
- Removing or reducing fire hazards or risks to people from a fire
- Protecting people by providing fire precautions
- Recording any major findings
- Preparing an emergency plan
- Informing and instructing any relevant people
- Providing training for staff and guests
- Reviewing the fire risk assessment regularly and make changes where necessary
- Keeping accurate fire risk assessment records.
Where does the order apply?
- Virtually all premises and nearly every type of building structure and open space.
All fire alarm designs should be based on a Fire Risk Assessment.
The main focus of your fire protection strategy should be to prevent fire, should a fire accidentally break out early automatic fire detection is essential. Every second saved through early warning facilities could make the difference to a site’s ability to recover from a fire without too much disruption.
• Conventional and addressable alarm systems
• Smoke detectors for domestic installations to commercial
• Aspirator systems (Very early warning smoke detector aspirator – VESDA)
• Risk assessment
• Systems can be designed to be fully monitored off site
• Fire suppression systems (Inert gas FM200 Co2 wet chemical agents)
We provide Fire solutions for Domestic, Commercial and Business Premises. We have offer a complete installation service which is backed up by our standard 1 year warranty. We also offer a competitive annual preventative maintenance package on all systems.
- 24 Hour Service, 365 Days a year call out.
- Emergency Service Response.